Vick Khera vivek at khera.org
Fri Jun 5 10:41:41 PDT 2015
On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Mark Steben <mark.steben at drivedominion.com>
wrote:

> I track table bloat on all db tables on master and slave. Some of the
> slony tables, notably sl_apply_stats and sl_components (on the slave) can
> grow to 1- 2 thousand times their original size due to bloat.  This is a
> condition that has been prevalent for some time now.  Is there a utility
> that
> I can run to clean this bloat out or do I need to resort to VACUUM FULL?

Are they continuing to grow, or does this become their "working" size? If
you vacuum them down, and they grow again, what really have you
accomplished? If they do not continue to grow, then there's no "bloat" but
just a large amount of space needed to operate.

Also, specifying your postgres + slony versions is always a good idea...