David Fetter david at fetter.org
Mon Dec 21 14:44:00 PST 2015
On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 11:45:04AM -0300, "Gonzalo Vásquez @ Waypoint" wrote:
> Is it actually possible to somehow use Slony with Amazon’s RDS
> service? I’m aware that there’s no such thing as a host that you can
> log into to make Slony’s configurations, but perhaps it can be done
> remotely from a side server or something like that?

You would need to get access to RDS's catalog that you don't have, so
my best guess is, "no." That's the technical side.

On the business side, Amazon has very strong incentives to block
anything that might let you migrate off their services easily, so my
best guess is that any attempt to do this would be treated by Amazon
as an attack.

Cheers,
David.
--