Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 08:26:29 PDT 2014

Yeah from past experience the locks taken by pg_dump cause replication to lag. I normally use the -N switch in pg_dump to exclude the schema.  For pg_restore I usually create a TOC with the -l option and pipe it to grep to filter out the references to the slony schema that get dumped for the triggers, and then -L option to use it with my restore.