Dave Cramer davecramer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:44:38 PDT 2014
On 27 June 2014 16:55, Jan Wieck <jan at wi3ck.info> wrote:

> I guess you mean either UNSUBSCRIBE SET or DROP NODE.
>
> What should happen in the UNSUBSCRIBE case is that the node quickly
> confirms all the outstanding events since they no longer require
> replicating any data, at which point all providers can perform/finish log
> switching again.
>
> In the case of DROP NODE the behavior is similar. Make sure that ALL
> remaining nodes in the cluster have forgotten everything about the dropped
> node before attempting to rebuild it. Or rebuild it with a different node
> ID.
>
> If this is your only node, then you could as well uninstall the whole
> cluster and start from scratch.

Yes I did mean UNSUBSCRIBE SET. And I forgot to mention this is slony 1.2

Also as is usually the case it is not as simple as I have first posed. For
reasons that I won't elaborate the lagging subscription is a duplicate of
one that is not lagging.

One of the sl_log_x files is 16G in size.

Suggestions are welcome

Dave Cramer

www.credativ.ca