Jan Wieck JanWieck at Yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 05:22:14 PST 2014
On 01/03/14 23:33, ammu narasimham wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have configured the replication cluster using slony on Postgres-9.2
> successfully. It is 2-node cluster(Master-slave). When i tried to insert
> 100k rows in a table, the execution time is nearly doubled in the new
> environment.

Since each INSERT causes a second INSERT from the Slony log trigger into
the replication log, this is normal. Is this (inserting 100,000 rows at
once) something, your application does on a regular base, or is this
some artificial, unrealistic test, you thought would give you any useful
information?

Jan