Samir Parikh SParikh at CarCharging.com
Thu Apr 17 11:51:03 PDT 2014
Some success. I  could now set up the replication after dropping/recreating the replication schema on both nodes.
Now I am trying to add tables to set using slonik script and stuck with this syntax error. I googled it and found many instances of this error but could not find any solution that work for me.

<stdin>:1: ERROR: syntax error at or near replication
[root at vmbndbdev01 ~]# slonik <<_EOF_
> cluster name = 'replication'
> _EOF_
<stdin>:1: ERROR: syntax error at or near replication

I tried with single,double and no quotes, but not luck with either of those.

Thanks much.
Samir

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Wieck [mailto:jan at wi3ck.info]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:30 AM
To: Samir Parikh; Glyn Astill; slony1-general at lists.slony.info
Subject: Re: [Slony1-general] Slony setup error

On 04/17/14 12:50, Samir Parikh wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response. Yes, you are right function getLocalNodeId does not exist on subscriber node but it does exists on primary node. On further check I could see on primary node under replication schema total 127 functions but in subscriber node I could see only 112. Not sure why there are missing functions which include getLocalNodeId.
>
> This is the very first time I am trying to set up slony replication. I am following documentation on slony.info.

That sounds very odd.

I would suggest doing an UNINSTALL NODE, DROP NODE (both for the non-functioning one), waiting until all traces of the dropped node are gone from the system (or using a different node ID to be sure) and then start over from STORE NODE, STORE PATH all the way.

And make sure you use 2.2 or at least 2.1. 2.0 is marked end of life and earlier versions have not received any updates/fixes for quite a while now.

Regards,
Jan

> Thanks again.
> Samir