Christopher Browne cbbrowne at afilias.info
Thu Sep 27 14:30:47 PDT 2012
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Jan Wieck <JanWieck at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My guess is that the right solution to this is to clean out everything
> again when a STORE NODE comes along. We had been thinking of making the
> node ID non-reusable to prevent this sort of race conditions.

I'm not sure I'm totally comfortable with cleaning it all out
instantly; as a step towards that, I'd think it a good idea for slonik
to check all the nodes for existence of a node ID, and refuse if it's
found anywhere.

Under that circumstance, you might need to wait, to run the STORE
NODE, until the cleanup thread has run on all the nodes to expunge the
last bits of the node on all nodes' databases.

Smells a bit safer to me...