Efraín Déctor efraindector at motumweb.com
Thu Mar 1 15:42:51 PST 2012
Hello list:
My name is Efrain and this week I’ve been using Slony-I, with the help of the documentation I’ve been able to setup replication between 2 nodes using slonik scripts and also with altperl scripts. For me, using altperl scritps is more comfortable but now I’m stucked trying to set cascading replication. I have this in mind:
A1 –> B1 –> B2
Meaning that A1 would be the master to B1 but also B1 would be master of B2. My slon_tools.conf looks like this:
add_node(node => 1,
host => '192.168.1.231',
dbname => 'prueba',
port => 5432,
user => 'postgres',
password => '1');
add_node(node => 2,
host => '192.168.1.232',
dbname => 'prueba',
port => 5432,
noforward => allow,
user => 'pgsql',
password => '2');
add_node(node => 3,
parent => 2,
host => '192.168.1.233',
dbname => 'prueba',
port => 5432,
user => 'pgsql',
password => '3');
I understand that B1 shall be configured to accept forward but I don’t now how to do this.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank you.