Wolf Schwurack wolf at uen.org
Mon Jul 2 12:29:03 PDT 2012
You can not run DDL statement using slony, it states that in slony docs

      0___      Wolfgang Schwurack
     c/  /'_    SA/DBA - UEN
    (*)  \(*)   801-587-9444
                wolf at uen.org

From: Efraín Déctor <efraindector at motumweb.com<mailto:efraindector at motumweb.com>>
Date: Monday, July 2, 2012 12:49 PM
To: "slony1-general at lists.slony.info<mailto:slony1-general at lists.slony.info>" <slony1-general at lists.slony.info<mailto:slony1-general at lists.slony.info>>
Subject: [Slony1-general] slonik_execute_script not working

Hello. I’m testin Slony, everything is running fine in terms of replication, however I’m trying to test adding a column to a table that is beaing replicated.

I’m using altperl, so using the documentation I see that using slonik_execute_script should help me to create the new column.

This is how I am using it:

slonik_execute_script 1 /root/script.sql

After I execute the script this message is shown:

cluster name = replication;
node 1 admin conninfo='host=192.168.20.144 dbname=nomina user=pgsql port=5432';
node 2 admin conninfo='host=192.168.20.210 dbname=nomina user=pgsql port=5432;
  execute script (
    set id = 1,
    filename = '/tmp/EpbvGiNpWb',
    event node = 1
  );

script.sql contains:  ALTER TABLE personas ADD COLUMN prueba integer;

However, nothing happens on the master or slave.

Could you please, tell me what Im doing wrong?.

Thank you in advance.