Brian Fehrle brianf at consistentstate.com
Sun Jan 22 02:08:19 PST 2012
Hi all,
I'm trying to get a slony slave that is very behind synced up, and I'm
running into an issue where the sync query is overloading PostgreSQL's
stack depth (I'll be sending a separate email to the list about this). At
the moment I don't want to try tweaking that variable in postgres so I
thought I'd play with the ability to have slony just try to sync less data
at a time.

I've been trying to run a ton of different options, and one theory was to
just have slony sync a few hundred events, then die (i'm many thousands of
events behind and growing by the minute).

So I tried to use the variables 'quit_sync_provider' and
'quit_sync_finalsync' as described in the docs:
http://slony.info/documentation/2.1/slon-config-interval.html

In my slon log output, I'm getting the following error:
WARN conf option quit_sync_finalsync not found<timestamp>Unrecognized
configuration parameter "quit_sync_finalsync"

So I did some digging and I think I found a missing block of code in the
2.1.0 version of confoptions.c

In slony 2.0.7 - confoptions.c we have the following block:
    {
        {
            (const char *) "quit_sync_finalsync",
            gettext_noop("SYNC number at which slon should abort"),
            gettext_noop("We want to terminate slon when the worker thread
reaches a certain SYNC number "
                 "against a certain provider.  This is the SYNC number...
"),
            SLON_C_INT
        },
        &quit_sync_finalsync,
        0,
        0,
        2147483647
    },

However, when I look at confoptions.c , it does not have this block at all.
Both versions have a block that grabs "quit_sync_provider". And the
remote_worker.c references this variable several times, so it should be
expecting to receive it.

- Brian F