Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Wed Apr 4 08:33:29 PDT 2012
On 12-04-03 01:51 PM, Shaun McCloud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m wondering if its possible to query any of the databases in my
> cluster to see when Slony is done replicating changes to a single node.
> I was going to use the Acks Outstanding statistic but then realized that
> the slave nodes that my controller service is waiting to update (and do
> not have Slony running on) will keep adding to that count. If there is
> no statistic to query, is my assumption that tables are replicated in
> the order they are added to the replication set correct?

Slony replicates SYNC events.  Those SYNC events might have associated
rows in sl_log_1 or sl_log_2 (that need to be replicated) or there might
be no changes associated with a SYNC event.

The slon process on the master generates SYNC events x seconds.  When
that SYNC event is replicated to a slave any data changes will also be
replicated to the slave so that the slave is 'caught up' with the master
as of that SYNC event.

So if node 100 is our master and node 200 is a slave.

sl_event
ev_origin ,ev_seqno,ev_type,.....
100       , 1, SYNC

is generated

then you know that this event has been replicated to the slave when the
slaves sl_confirm tables has a row like

sl_confirm
con_origin, con_received, con_seqno
100,       200,         1

When the confirmation makes it back to the master then the sl_confirm on
the master would have that row also