Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Wed Sep 28 08:06:48 PDT 2011
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Steve Singer <ssinger at ca.afilias.info> wrote:
> On 11-09-27 03:31 AM, Stuart Bishop wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> slonik works fine, but its echo output is screwed where some random
>> string is being used instead of the filename. Having only run slony
>> with Ubuntu 64bit packages, I don't know if this is a know issue or
>> bad packages (I believe the packages are brought in from Debian
>> unmodified):
>>
>> $ slonik u2_newslave.sk
>> :1: Waiting for sync
>> :4: Synced
>> gen_newslave.sk:3: Adding node 2
>> gen_newslave.sk:5: Creating paths
>> Subscribing node 2:1: Waiting for sync
>> Subscribing node 2:4: Synced
>> /lib/libnsl.so.1:10: Subscribing node 2
>> /lib/libnsl.so.1:13: Subscription created. Slave is copying data.
>> Master can go live.
>
> I don't recognize it as a known issue, it might be an unknown issue
> unrelated to the packaging.  You don't tell us what version of Slony you are
> using or provide the contents of your u2_newslave.sk so we know what slonik
> commands are being run at which line.

Its version 2.0.7

u2_newslave.sk:

    include <u2_preamble.sk>;
    include <gen_newslave.sk>;

u2_preamble.sk:

    cluster name = sl;

    define node1_conninfo 'blah blah blah';
    define node2_conninfo 'more blah';

    node 1 admin conninfo = @node1_conninfo;
    node 2 admin conninfo = @node2_conninfo;

gen_newslave.sk:

    include <gen_sync.sk>;

    echo 'Adding node 2';
    store node (id=2, comment=@node2_conninfo, event node=1);
    echo 'Creating paths';
    store path (server=1, client=2, conninfo=@node1_conninfo);
    store path (server=2, client=1, conninfo=@node2_conninfo);
    include <gen_sync.sk>;

    echo 'Subscribing node 2';
    subscribe set (id=1,provider=1,receiver=2,forward=yes);
    wait for event (origin=1, confirmed=all, wait on=1, timeout=0);
    echo 'Subscription created. Slave is copying data. Master can go live.';

gen_sync.sk:

    echo 'Waiting for sync';
    sync (id=1);
    wait for event (origin=1, confirmed=all, wait on=1, timeout=0);
    echo 'Synced';

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/