Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Fri Oct 21 21:46:08 PDT 2011
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:06 AM, Christopher Browne
<cbbrowne at afilias.info> wrote:
> Slony 2.1.0 is now available
>
> The first release for Slony-I branch 2.1 has been released, in the
> form of version 2.1.0. It is a significant new version, fixing dozens
> of reported bugs, and adding some significant enhancements, including:
> - Implicit WAIT FOR
> - Support for adding tables in bulk
> - Support for replicating TRUNCATE
> - Health checks at startup
> - Performance improvement in cases of large backlog
> - Monitoring thread to provide better monitoring data
>
> See the release notes for a full list of changes in this release.
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=slony1-engine.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE;hb=fc782cf8f767484f4417080865e0a1ed670236b0
>
> See http://slony.info for links to the release

Congrats!

I'll be watching for reports - I've got a 1.2 -> 2.0 upgrade scheduled
in two weeks and am interested in peoples gut feelings on skipping 2.0
entirely and jumping straight to 2.1.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/