Brian Fehrle brianf at consistentstate.com
Thu Nov 17 09:51:55 PST 2011
Hi all,
(postgres version 8.3, slony version 1.2.21)

     Quick question. I want to create a schema only dump of a database
(pg_dump -s), but I don't want any slony elements in the dump. I
excluded the slony schema via --exclude-schema="_slony", and nothing in
that schema was dumped.

I do however, get some operators dumped that were not in the slony
schema, but reference it.

Example:
--
-- Name: <=; Type: OPERATOR; Schema: public; Owner: slony
--

CREATE OPERATOR <= (
     PROCEDURE = _slony.xxidle,

This operator lives in the public schema, but since it references things
in _slony, when applying the dump to a new database, it fails (because
the _slony schema isn't created, as intended).

I don't remember ever seeing anything put into the public schema by
slony before, am I mistaken? Or was my original setup of this slony
cluster messed up where it put operators in the wrong schema in the
first place? Does slony 2.x have the same behavior or has it changed?

Thanks,
- Brian F