marmu mu at forsa.de
Fri Jul 22 08:37:05 PDT 2011
Hello Guillaume,

ok, that was my mistake. but now I altered the psql command accordingly and
this is the output:

fquest-b1:~ # psql -U $PGBENCHUSER -h localhost -d $MASTERDBNAME -c "begin;
alter table pgbench_history add column id serial; update pgbench_history set
id =
nextval('history_id_seq'); alter table pgbench_history add primary key(id);
commit";
NOTICE:  ALTER TABLE will create implicit sequence "pgbench_history_id_seq"
for serial column "pgbench_history.id"
ERROR:  relation "history_id_seq" does not exist
LINE 2: nextval('history_id_seq'); alter table pgbench_history add p...
                ^
fquest-b1:~ # psql -U $PGBENCHUSER -h localhost -d $MASTERDBNAME -c
"begin;update pgbench_history set id = nextval('pgbench_history_id_seq');
alter table pgbench_history add primary key(id); commit";
ERROR:  relation "pgbench_history_id_seq" does not exist
LINE 1: begin;update pgbench_history set id = nextval('pgbench_histo...

I really don't get it. Where should the relation "pgbench_history_id_seq"
come from, do I have to create everything manually? Slony is kind of a pain
in the ass for novices like me, excuse my language.
My colleage says, "but when it is finally running, it is solid as a rock and
amazingly fast". I'd like to experience that soon :)

Thanks for your time.

Have a great weekend,
Marcus