Scott Marlowe scott.marlowe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 10:48:18 PST 2011
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM, sharadov <sreddy at spark.net> wrote:

> Thanks Scott.
> What is the command to stop/start slony?

Depends on your platform and how you installed it.  For my Ubuntu and
Centos boxen it's:

sudo /etc/init.d/slony stop
sudo /etc/init.d/slony start

> And commands to drop a node and recreate it.

You'll need to write some simple slonik scripts.  The one we use is
something like this:

------------------------------------------ drop_node2.slnk
---------------------------------

cluster name = slony_www;
 node 1 admin conninfo='host=db1 dbname=www user=slony port=5432';
 node 2 admin conninfo='host=db2 dbname=www user=slony port=5432';

try {
	drop node( id=2, event node=1);
  } on error {
        exit 1;
  }
  echo 'Dropped node 2';

And you'd run it like:

slonik < drop_node2.slnk

You really need to familiarize yourself with slony administration.  Look here:

http://www.slony.info/adminguide/slony1-1.2.22/doc/adminguide/index.html

Sadly, there aren't a lot of shortcuts for understanding how slony works.