Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Mon Feb 28 08:40:22 PST 2011
On 11-02-25 04:56 AM, Sachin Srivastava wrote:

>> I'm leaning towards (b) with the attached patch (untested)
>>
>> Sachin, the slony binaries enterprise db distributes with the
>> one-click installers, are they built with visual studio or MinGW
> MinGW, I believe there isnt a VC port available for slony.

Everytime I try to do a MinGW build I wonder if I shouldn't just bite
the bullet and write a parallel set of nmake files so we can do a VC
build.  Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

>> I should spend some time getting a proper Win32 slony built
>> environment setup (but I won't get to that in the next few weeks)

When I apply that patch I sent  + modify remoteWorkerThread_main to
'return 0;' + munge the Makefile.port that gets generated I am able to
get to the linking stage against 8.4 but I get all these undefined
symbols complaining about stuff pgport wants being undefined.

When I try to build against 9.0.3 I can't get configure to finish.  It
complains on "#error must have a 64-bit integer datatype" from postgres.h

Do I need a specific version of mingw?

When you applied the patch I sent did you have better luck?