Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 14:07:05 PST 2011
Dear Melvin,

  Thanks for answering my questions.

  My slave has same hardware configuration as the master.

  I ran the SQL command you sent, and it reports database size
100 GB on the slave.   Same SQL command reports 58 GB on
the master.

  I tried VACUUM FULL on the database, but the size remains
100 GB.

  The following command tells me that 97 GB is used by my large
table and its TOAST and index:

   SELECT relname as "Table", pg_size_pretty(pg_total_relation_size(relid))
       As "Size" from pg_catalog.pg_statio_user_tables
   ORDER BY pg_total_relation_size(relid) DESC;

  My disk on the slave is nearly full (only a couple of GB free) so
when I get a maintenance window, I will try dropping my large table
(which is 45 GB on production) from replication, and then add it back,
maybe it will come back smaller?

  I would like to understand why it's larger on the slave.

Aleksey