Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Dec 13 07:31:25 PST 2011
Hi,

On 12/09/2011 11:58 AM, Steve Singer wrote:
> On 11-11-23 04:09 PM, Steve Singer wrote:
>
> Maxim,
>
> Did you ever check to see if this patch actually fixes your problem with
> running Slony against 9.1.x?
>
> Did you encounter any other issues with it?

I can't speak to Maxim's specific issue, but I can attest that the patch
did resolve a problem I was having trying to replicate a large 9.1.1
database using Slony 2.0.7.  Because the origin was being heavily used
at the same time that the subscribe set operation was running, the
initial copy failed repeatedly since the origin kept running out of
predicate locks.  Changing the transaction isolation level from
serializable to read committed allowed the copy to succeed.

So, for what it's worth, here's my +1 for including the patch.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton