Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Fri Sep 17 13:56:48 PDT 2010
The slony1 team is pleased to announce a release candidate for version
2.0.5.

The release candidate is available at

http://www.slony.info/downloads/2.0/source/slony1-2.0.5.rc1.tar.bz2
http://www.slony.info/downloads/2.0/source/slony1-2.0.5.rc1-docs.tar.bz2

or through the 2_0_5_RC1 tag in the git repository.

2.0.5 includes over 24 fixes from 2.0.4 fixing many issues found during
an extensive testing period.

Changes from 2.0.4 of particular interest are:

-SUBSCRIBE SET is now submitted against the set origin not the provider.
This means that slonik scripts might need to be modified to do a WAIT
FOR against the origin instead of the provider. (See bug #121)

-Slony now requires that your libpq be built with --enable-thread-saftey
on all platforms.  Previously this was only required on some platforms(
AIX, Solaris).  However we have determined that it is required on all
platforms.  This should not be an issue for postgresql installs from
binary packages that are already compiled with --enable-thread-safety
but might require users who have built their own postgresql from source
(without --enable-thread-safety) to recompile.  (See bug #40)

A complete list of changes can be found in the RELEASE notes file.

We would ask that people give the release candidate a try and report
both successes and failures to us (either through the mailing list or
off-list email).