Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Fri Oct 15 09:18:31 PDT 2010
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 03:50:19PM +0530, Vishnu S. wrote:

> [ when the machine A is connected again, the cluster is already present
> in the 'master' database.  When I tried to start the slony service in
> Machine A the cluster get removed. How can I subscribe Machine A]

Once you've failed over (not controlled switchover), machine A is
toast.  You have to treat it as a completely new database system.  So
initialise the database, subscribe it, and so on.  I get the feeling
you're trying to bring A "back online", using the data it already has.
You can't do that.

You may tell your legal department that I won't respond to any more of
your questions because I don't like email with stupid, preposterous
legal disclaimers automatically attached at the bottom.  You may
forward this text directly, if you wish.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at crankycanuck.ca