Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Fri Nov 19 13:21:53 PST 2010
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net> writes:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Christopher Browne
> <cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info> wrote:
>> Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net> writes:
>>> The other thing I bumped into the other day - there is no way to get
>>> slonik to emit the current date/time. I've got scripts running against
>>> staging environments that I'd like to get timings for so we can plan
>>> production updates properly. At the moment, I can only get the timing
>>> of the entire script.
>>
>> You're thinking of something like
>>   ECHO 'Step 17 finished';
>>   DATE;
>> ?
>>
>> That seems pretty plausible, and I can't imagine it would be
>> particularly difficult to implement.
>
> Yes please.

Splendid, that's on the list.

FYI, I'm publishing a copy on the web site for now:
  <http://main.slony.info/Slony%203%20Feature%20Ideas.mm.html>

Some time next week, I'll turn it into Wiki pages, and stow it on the
Postgres development site, as that seems like a reasonable place for
shared editing of such material.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sailifa" "@" "enworbbc"))
Christopher Browne