Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Thu May 27 09:14:33 PDT 2010
Steve Singer wrote:
>> David Fetter wrote:
>>

>> I think I can replace our direct use of yyleng with calls to
>> yyget_len() to avoid this issue
>

> David, does this patch (in addition to the autoconf changes) get things
> working on your version of OSX? I've replaced uses of yyleng with
> yyget_len() and am having flex generate a proper prototype for it.
>

> http://github.com/ssinger/slony/commit/0febbf93046600e3fd7c59e37ca3b14cc137eb64

FYI, result of some discussion that should get exposed on list...

yyget_len() is available on modern versions of flex (at least as far
back as 2.5.31, which is what PostgreSQL requires, of late).

So, I'm suggesting that configure be modified to check for 2.5.31 (or
later), for which a sample test may be gotten from config/programs.m4 in
the PostgreSQL tree.  Given that, it'll be very clear to people that
have any difficulties that they're using a too-old flex.

I don't feel badly about going back as far as PostgreSQL does ;-).

I could do this change; it may be opportunity for Steve to improve his
configure-foo.

That's better than putting some documentation somewhere saying "oh, by
the way, you need to use version X of flex".
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sailifa.ac" "@" "enworbbc"))
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>