Gurjeet Singh singh.gurjeet at gmail.com
Sun May 16 05:22:38 PDT 2010
Hi All,

    The docs here http://www.slony.info/documentation/triggers.html says
that post Postgres 8.3 version

<snip>

   - If you take a pg_dump of a Slony-I node, and drop out the
Slony-Inamespace, this now cleanly removes
   *all* Slony-I components, leaving the database, *including its schema,*in a
   "pristine", consistent fashion, ready for whatever use may be desired.

</snip>

But I see that when dumping a schema containing tables monitored by Slony,
the dump still shows the log triggers on those tables.

postgres=# select version();

version
 PostgreSQL 8.3.10 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.3.2
20081105 (Red Hat 4.3.2-7)

# pg_dump --schema-only --schema pgbench -p 5433 -U postgres | grep "CREATE
TRIGGER"
CREATE TRIGGER _pgbench_logtrigger_1
CREATE TRIGGER _pgbench_logtrigger_2
CREATE TRIGGER _pgbench_logtrigger_3

So is that statement in the docs incorrect, or is this a regression?

Best regards,
--
gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company