Shaun McCloud shaun.thomas.mccloud at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 06:59:44 PDT 2010
Hello,

I am trying to replicate two databases in Windows (Web Server 2008R2 to be
exact) using Slony-I 1.2.15 & PostgreSQL 8.3 (my hands are tied on the
PostgreSQL version for right now).  The guide I found to go by is from the
kind folks at EnterpriseDB and works great for one database.  If I setup
separate services for each database in my pg_service.conf file I get event
viewer errors asking if I am using the correct database when trying to
subscribe the slaves to the first replication set.  I know it would be
easier to put the two tables (yes, that's all I am replicating total) into
the same database, but if I do that then we have to modify our customers
data and we would like to avoid that if at all possible.  Am I just trying
to do something that isn't possible?

My pg_service.conf on the master is as follows.

[sr_routing_01-slonik]

dbname=sr_routing

host=172.16.6.70

user=slony

password=slony

[sr_routing_02-slonik]

dbname=sr_routing

host=172.16.6.71

user=slony

password=slony

[sr_routing_03-slonik]

dbname=sr_routing

host=172.16.6.72

user=slony

password=slony

[sr_alt_routing_01-slonik]

dbname=sr_alt_routing

host=172.16.6.70

user=slony

password=slony

[sr_alt_routing_02-slonik]

dbname=sr_alt_routing

host=172.16.6.71

user=slony

password=slony

[sr_alt_routing_03-slonik]

dbname=sr_alt_routing

host=172.16.6.72

user=slony

password=slony

Shaun McCloud - Software Testing Analyst
GeoComm Inc.
601 W. Saint Germain St., Saint Cloud, MN 56301
Office: 320.240.0040 Fax: 320.240.2389 Toll Free: 888.436.2666
click here to visit  <http://www.geo-comm.com> www.geo-comm.com

Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)