Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Fri Jul 16 09:14:40 PDT 2010
With cvs we had emails of commits go to the slony1-commit email list.
With this this isn't currently happening.

I see a few options for doing this

1) We can see if the postgresql.org is willing to add a hook on
git.postgresql.org to the slony1-engine repository to send the emails out.

2)  We can setup a cron tab on the slony.info server that does a git
pull from the master repository with a hook setup to send out emails on
new commits.  Maybe we would run the crontab every x minutes (10?, 30?)

3) We can tell people to get notices of commits from the RSS feed at
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=slony1-engine.git;a=rss and use their
own RSS readers or RSS to email gateways for notifications.

Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards 2.

--
Steve Singer