Tory M Blue tmblue at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:04:03 PST 2010
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >    subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = yes);
> >    subscribe set ( id = 2, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = yes);
> >   subscribe set ( id = 3, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = yes);
> >
> >    subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 3, forward = yes);
> >    subscribe set ( id = 2, provider = 1, receiver = 3, forward = yes);
> >    subscribe set ( id = 3, provider = 1, receiver = 3, forward = yes);
>
> >    subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 2, receiver = 4, forward = yes);
>
> >ERROR:
> ><stdin>:74: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select "_cls".subscribeSet(1, 2, 4,
> >'t');  - ERROR:  Slony-I: subscribeSet(): provider 2 is not an active
> >forwarding node for replication set 1
>
> Try adding  a
> wait for event (origin = <origin_node>, confirmed = <subscriber_node>);
> after _each_ of your subscribe commands.
>
> eg:
> subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = yes);
> wait for event (origin = 1, confirmed = 2);
> subscribe set ( id = 2, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = yes);
> wait for event (origin = 1, confirmed = 2);

Thanks Melvin, I might of broke one of the cardinal rules.. Version,
what's your VERSION?!

slon 1.2.20.

Ya the problem is my slon cluster is not up at this time. It's a
script I run to setup the cluster, once it's setup from the master, I
start slon on the various nodes. So there will be no confirmation
until I start up slon on the nodes, and I generally don't do that
until the cluster is setup. So this may not be the solution for me. In
fact it's odd that it only complains about 1,2,4 and none of the
others.

So after adding the confirmed my script is stuck,  :) ya because slon
is not up, so I can't get a confirmation.

Tory