Amaya Gamarra amaya.gamarra at gtd.es
Fri Jan 22 00:30:00 PST 2010
Hello,

We've got a slony 1.2.14 cluster running over 2 postgres 8.1.11 servers. We
try to create a replication set on an already full table with the command:

    "slonik <<_EOF_\nINCLUDE <common.inc>;\nCREATE SET (ID = 100, ORIGIN =
$local_node$, COMMENT = 'Temporary set');\n tables  \

               SUBSCRIBE SET ( ID = 100, PROVIDER = $local_node$, RECEIVER =
$peer_node$, FORWARD = YES );\n \

               SYNC(ID = $local_node$);\n \

               WAIT FOR EVENT (ORIGIN = $local_node$, CONFIRMED =
$peer_node$, WAIT ON = $local_node$);\n \

               MERGE SET( ID = 1, ADD ID = 100, ORIGIN =
$local_node$);\n_EOF_"

Depending on the table size we get a timeout error message: "timeout
exceeded while waiting for event confirmation" and the operation is
cancelled. I've tried to tune the remote_listen_timeout parameter even with
the maximal allowed value (30000 ) in vain.

Can anybody suggest me what I'm doing wrong?

Amaya