Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri Aug 20 13:35:17 PDT 2010
I just found a case where Slony was refusing to startup because
of entries in the sl_nodelock table. Further investigation
showed that an entry in sl_nodelock.nl_backendpid matched up
to a *non* Slony backend[1] in Postgres (definitely non-Slony as
it was an application level username and not 'postgres') Is Slony
relying solely on the pid number here? I'm guessing that something
killed Slony, and then some other process used that pid and was
holding on to it when Slony was attempted to restart (which was a
few hours later). Any other theories of what might have happened?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8