Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Fri Aug 6 14:57:34 PDT 2010
Fharid Salomon Fernandez <fharids at hotmail.com> writes:
> OH, maybe i was cheking an old documentation source, so theres no
> problem putting all my tables in one set, unless they were more than
> 10000 :D, here we have like 300 tables so theres no problem.  thank
> you very much

300 tables shouldn't be a huge problem.  Adding them to replication is
likely to take minutes, not hours.  Thousands of tables are troublesome
because they need to be managed individually any time:
 - There's a new subscription
   Tho that doesn't *too* much affect providers...
 - Any time EXECUTE SCRIPT is run (pre 2.0)
   As each table will have replication triggers removed and re-added
 - Any time origin gets moved
   As tables will have triggers added+removed on former/new origins

But 300's not likely to present much of a problem.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ca.afilias.info';
Christopher Browne