Jaime Casanova jcasanov at systemguards.com.ec
Thu Apr 29 05:16:07 PDT 2010
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 6:33 AM, Peter Geoghegan
<peter.geoghegan86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I doubt that if you cornered *any* of the Postgres devs they'd be
> willing to defend the use of CVS on any grounds other than
> institutional inertia (that was certainly my experience!).

not only inertia, there will be learning curve very narrow but it will
be there... but the major showstopper has been the idea of loosing
commit history... at least there were some history entries that had
problems...

but that was solved IIRC, actually we have a GIT repo and some devs
used it instead of the CVS for their projects (of course the final
commit is in cvs) and then the git is updated, so i think we know git
is safe, we know git is usable, but discussions on pgsql lists tend to
be endless ;)

> Besides, even if that does happen, does
> that actually matter all that much?

+1