Joseph S jks at selectacast.net
Wed Apr 28 14:16:21 PDT 2010
Steve Singer wrote:
> Joseph S wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how to do that. I think the multiple updates are done in
>> one statement and I'm not sure how to figure out which one slony is
>> trying when it gets the error.
>
> Can you find this out from the postgresql log on the replica?  You can
> get it to print the SQL statement that caused the error.

For other errors it puts the statement in the log right after the ERROR
line, but not for encoding errors.

ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x98

HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding".

ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x98

HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding".

ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xb0