rsv riyav at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:49:48 PDT 2010
I need to add a new trigger and trigger function on the Master Node. I also
need that trigger on the Slave, should I need to switchover at any point.
However I don't want to dropnode on the slave or stop slony when I do it. Is
there a problem adding a trigger to the Slave while it is being replicated
to? Typically when you start slon on the slave it disables all the triggers
and re-enables them on switchover or when the node is dropped. However when
I create the trigger without dropping the node and while it is still a
slave, the trigger does not get disabled after creation. What are the
implications of this and what is the right way to go about doing it? If the
trigger is not disabled in the Slave then every time a record is updated on
the Slave I'm assuming the function is triggered.