Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Thu Apr 1 06:57:11 PDT 2010
Kevin Kempter wrote:
> I have a client using the following flags to start slon for the slave slon
> daemon:
> slon -p <pidfile>  -a <archive_dir> -s 120000 -t 300000 ...
>
> Our goal is to have slon archive files much less frequently. However the
> behavior we see is bursts of many many files about every 30 seconds
>
> Thoughts?

The -s value must be in the range of 10 to 60000 otherwise the value you
enter on the command line gets ignored and you get the default value of
2000.  The -t value is ranged from 	10000 to 1200000.

Silently ignoring invalid values from the command line is probably a
bug.  I also can't think of a reason why we are restricting large sync
intervals (but that is what we are doing).

This is coming from command line parsing code in confoptions.c

> Thanks in advance

Steve Singer
Afilias Canada
Data Services Developer