Cédric Villemain cedric.villemain at dalibo.com
Thu Sep 17 05:13:20 PDT 2009
Le jeudi 17 septembre 2009, Vignesh Mohan a écrit :
> Glyn Astill wrote:
> >> From: Vignesh Mohan <vignesh.m at i10n.com>
> If i m not right .. How does slony take into consideration of the deletion
> of few rows in master activity when slony is stopped.? And when started
> again how does it come to know that the rows are deleted

Slony use trigger-base replication, that mean that every time change occur on
your replicated tables, it is log via trigger in a another table. The slon
process check that and replicate those. If 'slon' process is down (like slony
is stopped) then trigger continue to fire on insert/delete/delete :) and when
slon start again, it check and replicate.

You'd better read the documentation.

--
----
Cédric Villemain