Brad Nicholson bnichols at ca.afilias.info
Thu Nov 12 08:55:48 PST 2009
On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 13:56 +0530, tamanna madaan wrote:
> Hi All
>

> I have a cluster setup with one master and one slave . Replication
> from master to slave is not taking place.
>
> I am getting this error  “duplicate key violates unique constraint”
>  in  slon.log on slave . This error is thrown while
>
> slon is inserting a row in a table  on slave. This must be because of
> the reason that duplicate rows
>
> are being returned while querying sl_log_1 table. But I don’t know
> from where these duplicate rows have come
>
> or whether there are any duplicate rows in sl_log_1 or not.
>

> I am using postgres 8.1.2 and slony 1.1.5 .
>
> Has somebody seen this problem earlier ??
>
> Is  it because of some bug in slony or postgres ??
>
> Which version of slony/postgres has fix for this problem ??

We've seen this problem before with 8.1.  While it is exceedingly hard
to trace exactly what is going on, all signs pointed to a bug in
Postgres.  We couldn't reproduce it though.

If I were you, I would upgrade to the latest minor version of your PG
release - you are 16 minor version behind.  They fix it for a reason :-)

You should really consider upgrading to Slony 1.2 as well, but that is
likely not the issue here.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106