Kevin Kempter kevink at consistentstate.com
Mon Nov 2 15:50:17 PST 2009
On Monday 02 November 2009 14:11:59 golohvastov wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am new to Slony and I could not find anywhere how to make Slony
> replication happening only every 4 hours.
> Please help
>
> Thank you.

You could use the slon -l flag for a lag time but this will only force a lag,
as opposed to a sync that only occurs once every 4 hrs. If you're wanting to
force a sync only once every 4 hours I'd suggest one of the following:

1) use slony log shipping and only run the ingestion of the logs once every 4
hrs

2) setup a standard slony cluster and every 4 hours do the following:
  a) start the slon logs
  b) after the slave is fully sync'd kill the slon daemons. This could
possibly be done via the -x flag or via a script that watches the slon logs and
kill's the processes once it see's that the copy set(s) are complete