Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 11 04:26:51 PDT 2009
I'm still trying to figure this one out chaps.

>From what I can see the move set command moved the origin from 1 to 2 successfully, but why is node 3 still subscribed to node 1? Surely it should have had it's subscribtion moved to node 2?

Here's sl_subscribe

SEE=# select * from _main_replication.sl_subscribe order by sub_provider, sub_set;
 sub_set | sub_provider | sub_receiver | sub_forward | sub_active
---------+--------------+--------------+-------------+------------
       1 |            1 |            3 | t           | t
       2 |            1 |            3 | t           | t
       3 |            1 |            3 | t           | t
       4 |            1 |            3 | t           | t
       5 |            1 |            3 | t           | t
       6 |            1 |            3 | t           | t
       7 |            1 |            3 | t           | t
    1000 |            1 |            3 | t           | t
       1 |            2 |            1 | t           | t
       2 |            2 |            1 | t           | t
       3 |            2 |            1 | t           | t
       4 |            2 |            1 | t           | t
       5 |            2 |            1 | t           | t
       6 |            2 |            1 | t           | t
       7 |            2 |            1 | t           | t
    1000 |            2 |            1 | t           | t
(16 rows)

And here's what I did;

CLUSTER NAME = main_replication;
NODE 1 ADMIN CONNINFO = 'dbname=SEE host=192.168.240.10 user=slony';
NODE 2 ADMIN CONNINFO = 'dbname=SEE host=192.168.240.11 user=slony';
NODE 3 ADMIN CONNINFO = 'dbname=SEE host=192.168.240.12 user=slony';

DEFINE set_to_move 1;
DEFINE old_origin 1;
DEFINE new_origin 2;
DEFINE other_node 3;

LOCK SET ( ID = @set_to_move, ORIGIN = @old_origin);

WAIT FOR EVENT (ORIGIN = @old_origin, CONFIRMED = @new_origin);
WAIT FOR EVENT (ORIGIN = @old_origin, CONFIRMED = @other_node);

MOVE SET ( ID = @set_to_move, OLD ORIGIN = @old_origin, NEW ORIGIN = @new_origin);
WAIT FOR EVENT (ORIGIN = @old_origin, CONFIRMED = @new_origin);
WAIT FOR EVENT (ORIGIN = @old_origin, CONFIRMED = @other_node);

So for now everything is running, but what did I do wrong to leave node 3 still subscribed to node 1?

What can I do to to move the subscription of node 3 over from noode 1 to 2?

Any ideas would be very much appreciated, I'm a little worried at the moment, especially with the silence.

Thanks
Glyn