Ashish Karalkar ashishka at synechron.com
Mon Mar 9 03:28:16 PDT 2009
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 09:34:50PM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:
>
>> I have been dorking around with setting up replication and while I seem
>> to be able to remove sets and such, I have been unable to drop an entire
>> cluster.
>>
>> Can that be done?
>>

> The tools have a way (I forget the way to spell it at the moment).  If
> you've broken what the tools expect, however, you can also DROP the
> slony SCHEMA CASCADE, which gets rid of the trigger function which
> also forces the triggers to get dropped.  It does not fix up your
> tables if you've allowed Slony to add synthetic keys.

In one of my cases I found that  if you do a "DROP SCHEMA CASCADE" on a
slave node then all the user defined triggers which slony parked in
virtually disable state on a slave node will not come back.
Plz. Correct me if I am wrong. I think I did this on Slony 1.2.14 few
months back and faced the same problem with DROP SCHEMA CASCADE.

---Ashish