Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Tue Jul 28 08:30:42 PDT 2009
roctaiwan <nettreeinc at gmail.com> writes:
> There is something I don't understand in chapter 21 "Slony-I Administration
> Scripts" from Slony 2.0.2 Documentation. I have listed my questions within
> the content at below.
>

> 21.1. altperl Scripts
>
> There is a set of scripts to simplify administeration of set of Slony-I
> instances. The scripts support having arbitrary numbers of nodes. They may
> be installed as part of the installation process:
> Where are the scripts that its talking about?
> ./configure --with-perltools

In the source code tree, they reside in the directory "tools/altperl"

By default, they seem to get installed in /usr/local/bin.

If you install from an RPM package or such, then you can look for
where they are actually installed by listing the contents of the RPM
package.

> This will produce a number of scripts with the prefix slonik_. They
> eliminate tedium by always referring to a central configuration file for the
> details of your site configuration. A documented sample of this file is
> provided in altperl/slon_tools.conf-sample. where is this "altperl" it is
> talking about? and this slon_tools.conf file is used to set what? Most also
> include some command line help with the "--help" option, making them easier
> to learn and use.

Well, the tools require a fairly considerable amount of information
about your intended replication cluster, and that information needs to
reside in a file normally called slon_tools.conf.
--
output = reverse("ofni.sailifa.ac" "@" "enworbbc")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>