roctaiwan nettreeinc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 03:05:26 PDT 2009
Hi Everyone,

Does any of you know if there is any tools that can be use, has scripts
templates available on easy the job of setting up clusters, and subscribing
the sets? Is there a such thing?

I am trying to find template scripts to setup clusters for multi-slave
environment. I am not doing something special nor unique. My environment is
very simple and straight forward. I just need a scripts to run to setup my 3
slaves clusters, that's all.  I need something like the one in attachment.
in case if you don't see any attachments I have also post the script at
below.

Listing 1. cluster_setup.sh

#!/bin/sh

CLUSTER=sql_cluster
DB1=contactdb
DB2=contactdb_slave
H1=localhost
H2=localhost
U=postgres

slonik <<_EOF_

cluster name = $CLUSTER;

node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$DB1 host=$H1 user=$U';
node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$DB2 host=$H2 user=$U';

init cluster (id = 1, comment = 'Node 1');

create set (id = 1, origin = 1,
       comment = 'contact table');

set add table (set id = 1, origin = 1, id = 1,
        full qualified name = 'public.contact',
        comment = 'Table contact');

set add sequence (set id = 1, origin = 1, id = 2,
        full qualified name = 'public.contact_seq',
        comment = 'Sequence contact_seq');

store node (id = 2, comment = 'Node 2');
store path (server = 1, client = 2,
      conninfo = 'dbname=$DB1 host=$H1 user=$U');

store path (server = 2, client = 1,
           conninfo = 'dbname=$DB2 host=$H2 user=$U');

store listen (origin = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2);
store listen (origin = 2, provider = 2, receiver = 1);
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24677626/cluster_setup.sh.txt
cluster_setup.sh.txt