Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 03:00:22 PDT 2009
Hi,

Basically slony is an asynchronous master-slave replication system, it can do cascading replication and also has a log-shipping mode.

This is implimented via triggers and a set of daemons that apply
the changes in syncs.

I think you need to go and take a little time to read the docs on the slony homepage. It's all there, you just need to read it all ;)

Glyn