Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Feb 18 07:30:13 PST 2009
As I've noted in the past, because of our software design, I can not use
the 'execute script' process for adding a field to a table.  That being
said, I'm looking for an alternative approach.  As it stands, when we
need to add a table, we plan to shut slony down, create a new set for
that table and restart slony.

What would be the best way to add a field to a replicated table using
this scenario?  That is, shutting slony down, making the change and
starting slony back up.  I'm assuming that I can't simply add the field
to both nodes and restart slony, but if that would work, that would be
great.

Thanks for any insights.

--
Until later, Geoffrey