Nimesh Satam nimesh.satam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 03:27:28 PST 2009
Jeff,

Thanks Jeff for your reply. But I am not able to locate the "getCurrentXid"
in my slony functions. Can you tell me where I will be able to find this
function? Currently I am using slony-2.0.1

Also the function passed contains column ev_maxxid, ev_xip from sl_event.
But I am not able to locate the same columns in sl_event of the above slony
installation.

             Table "_cluster.sl_event"
    Column    |            Type             | Modifiers
--------------+-----------------------------+-----------
 ev_origin    | integer                     | not null
 ev_seqno     | bigint                      | not null
 ev_timestamp | timestamp without time zone |
 ev_snapshot  | txid_snapshot               |
 ev_type      | text                        |
 ev_data1     | text                        |
 ev_data2     | text                        |
 ev_data3     | text                        |
 ev_data4     | text                        |
 ev_data5     | text                        |
 ev_data6     | text                        |
 ev_data7     | text                        |
 ev_data8     | text                        |
    "sl_event-pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (ev_origin, ev_seqno)

Can you correct me if I am missing anything?

Regards,
Nimesh.

On 11/19/09, Jeff <threshar at torgo.978.org> wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2009, at 7:01 AM, Nimesh Satam wrote:
>
> Jeff,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply, can you let us know how we get the values for the
>> function inputs p_start , p_txid ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nimesh.
>>

> select now() as ctime, _replication.getCurrentXid() as txid")
>
> and then you can feed those into syncwait
>
> remember that you need to start a txn, do your insert, then call these.  =
If