roctaiwan nettreeinc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 22:59:13 PDT 2009
Hi Andrew,

If I understand the slony replication correct, is that after I do switchover
or failover what it can do is promote another node to replace its origin
node. If lets say failover, after origin node failed and another node
replaced it, all other slave nodes in group will seek for sets from new
master, basically failover script will change the "provider" from subscribe
set command to the new master node. Therefore, new master should first sync
with old master with all the data and having all sets isn't it?

Let's say Old master(node 1) has five tables (table 1,2,3,4,5) and new
master (node 2) has only (table 1 and 2). After switch over or failover to
the new master (node 2), will node 2 sync with old master and has all 5
tables?

What if I do switch back to Node 1 from Node 2, now will both node 1 and 2
has all 5 tables on itself?

This really needs to get clear first. Has someone tested this and know how
it works?