roctaiwan nettreeinc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:12:26 PDT 2009
I have a scenarior that wants to get straight.

My node 1 (master) has all the sets from 1-5. node 2 has subscribe to set 1
and 2, node 3 subscribe 3, 4, node 4 subscribe to set 5. All nodes subscribe
and listen from the master node, any tables within the sets will replicating
to their corresponding slave node.

If I do switchover from node 1 to node 2, if I am correct, node 1 will
forward all the sets to node 2, node 2 then will SYNC with all other nodes
(or all from Master) to collect all datas that it does not have, preparing
itself to become same "status" as the original Master(node1) and now node 1
the original master has become the subscriber to node 2.

Now, if I switch back from Node 2 to node 1 what is exact happening? My node
1 had all the original sets and they got forward to node2, if I do switch
over again then node 1 has collect all the sets on itself and node 2 will
have sets that originally assigned to it (which are set 1 and 2)? or both
node will have all sets information?

Other then talking about sets, whats the data relationship within them? node
1 has had all the up-to-dated datas(lets say it has 1mb of data from all 5
sets), and after switch over node2 catching up and data is still growing
(lets say it's now 2mb from all 5 sets). If I do switchover back from node 2
to node 1, then node 2 still has 2mb of datas and newly collected data will
all forward to node 1, so node one will also has 2mb of data in it? so right
after the switchover data within node 1 and 2 are SYNCed (all has fully
updated data from all 5 sets? or node 2 will only holds data of sets it got
assign to collect (set 1 and 2)?