Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Aug 10 12:01:23 PDT 2009
Brad Nicholson <bnichols at ca.afilias.info> writes:
> On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 18:23 +0200, Filip Rembiałkowski wrote:
>> Hi All.
>>
>> Is slony able to replicate postgres 8.2 to 8.4?
>
> Not currently.
>
> The Slony 1.2.x does not work with 8.4, and 2.0 will not work with
> versions prior to 8.3
>
>> Even if it's not "officially" supported, what are the chances to get
>> it working? We're kind of stuck here, and we need some advice.
>
> You'd have port 1.2.x to 8.4.  There was some talk from the community
> about getting 1.2.x running with 8.4, but I'm not sure where that
> stands.

The changes needed for 1.2.x to work with 8.4 have been committed;
1.2.17 will be the release that first handles this.

Devrim and I have been making a number of changes to 1.2-STABLE lately
to address issues we've been noticing; it's getting pretty close.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>