Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Apr 29 11:48:40 PDT 2009
Philipp Haselwarter <admin at bitnoize.co.cc> writes:
> In file included from c:/progra~2/postgresql/8.3/include/server/postgres.h:48,
>                  from conftest.c:74:
> c:/progra~2/postgresql/8.3/include/server/c.h:96:21: libintl.h: No such file or directory

OK, this points a *little* bit differently; I was thinking you might
need to include an extra library for "libintl"; that misses that you
also need to point to the #include file.

I'd mentioned a need for LDFLAGS, earlier, I think?  This points at a
need to set CPPFLAGS when you run configure.  E.g. - as follows...

  CPPFLAGS    C/C++/Objective C preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if
              you have headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>

I'm not sure where libintl.h "lives"; you presumably need to set CPPFLAGS to indicate...

   CPPFLAGS="-Iwhereverlibintllives" ./configure

> configure:7165: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> As far as I can see the ./configure actually does find the postgres.h as later in the log it refers to it at various points.
> For more clarity and in order to avoid bloating this conversation too much I attached the config.log compressed as config.zip (7zip CRC-Checksum: 164A510F, MD5 Hash 68254c6d4cd85aeef61055dec002d6cd) so that you can see it by yourself.

I think you provided enough, what with the above...

> Do I actually really have to use MinGW/MSYS?
> And where does pthreads-win32 step into the game? Is it neccessary to have it installed for the compiling already?
> Could a different compiler be used?
> Or can I maybe simplely compile it in a native UNIX environment but do it *for* Windows?

I'm afraid I can't answer any of that; perhaps one of those that use
Windows might be able to help with those questions.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ca.afilias.info")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>