Norman Yamada nyamada at millburncorp.com
Fri Apr 24 07:38:16 PDT 2009
We're repurposing a database server here and want to change its DNS
name. It's part of a Slony cluster of mixed postgres 8.2 and 8.3
servers, running Slony 1.2.15.

Am I right in thinking that I can rename the server and not hurt slony
replication if I :

1) stop all slony processes across all nodes;

2) fix the name of the server in the pa_connection field in the
sl_path table;

3) fix the no_comment field in the sl_node table (just to be nice);

4) update the slon_tools.conf file (since we're using the
slon_watchdog scripts...)

5) restart all slony processes.

If this isn't the way to do it, what's the way to change the DNS name
of a slony node?

Thank for any help in advance --

Norman Yamada