Jan Wieck JanWieck at Yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 11:42:12 PDT 2008
On 9/12/2008 12:59 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 05:09:13PM +0200, Cyril SCETBON wrote:
>> yes !!! but the field bulk updated won't be updated by our application at
>> the same time
>
> Nope, can't be done.

Andrew is right. There would be an elegant mechanism that allows you to
suppress the deny access trigger from firing when you update the
subscribers. But there is no such way short of dropping/recreating the
log trigger for that particular table on the origin. To be consistent
though, you'd have to do DROP,UPDARE,CREATE all in one transaction and
make sure through some where clause that you will hit exactly the same
rows on all nodes ... which also assumes that all subscribers have
caught up to the point where the update was done on the origin.

Jan